Carpets are one of the best investments that we make for our house. Carpets give a cozy vibe to your whole house. They are even more endearing in cold weather such as winters. These carpets will last a lifetime if you take good care of them. But unfortunately, we fail in taking good care of our carpets. Although we clean our carpets, there are many mistakes that we make while doing so. All these mistakes will cause your carpet to get damaged prematurely and lose its life sooner than expected.
That is why today we are going to enlist a few of the most common mistakes that should be avoided while cleaning the carpets. If you want to avoid those mistakes and keep your carpets clean, then read along:
Some common carpet cleaning mistakes that you make and need to be avoided:
- Avoid using a lot of elbow grease on carpets- If there is a stain on your carpet, you would rub it vigorously to get rid of it. Isn’t it? First of all, stains should never be rubbed into the carpet for removal. Secondly, while you rub the stains, you leave too much of the elbow grease onto the carpet. You must understand that whatever the substance the stain was made of, it will sink deep into the fibres of the carpet due to rubbing. And while you do so, you also damage the carpet fibres nearby the stain which was actually good. Thus, you will end up damaging your carpets due to complete vigorous rubbing. The best way to save your carpets is to blot the stain.
- Improper usage of area rugs and runners- Runners are basically elongated forms of rugs that are made specifically for heavy traffic areas. These runners and area rugs are made to protect certain areas of carpets from getting uneven. They help the carpets from wear and tear also. That is why it is important to use runners or area rugs. If you neglect using them, your carpets will have patches of damaged fibres. This will eventually make it appear bad and you would have to change the whole carpeting of your home. Hence, use area rugs and runners for even carpets all over.
- Usage of wrong stain removal products- We understand that stains make your carpets look bad. But that does not mean that you can use almost anything to clean those stains. Most of the internet is made up of bad reviews and fake suggestions. Believing in them won’t help you get rid of the stain and neither are these rumours going to help you when you ruin your carpets. Carpets are made of various materials and fibres. Each one of them has a specific way of removing stains. The only thing you can do is ask your carpet manufacturer which products can be used for your carpets. They are always ready to help customers with their queries.
- Irregular vacuuming- Yes, this can be an issue. You might think that there is not a lot of dust visible on your carpets, so you can vacuum them later. But many people make mistakes thinking this way, they do not vacuum carpets often enough. Professionals advise that you should vacuum carpets at least once a week. And if you have pets, then they say every other day vacuuming carpets is better. You might not see but there is invisible dust, dirt, and soil on your carpets. These can wear down your carpets if vacuumed irregularly. If you want your carpets to look good, attractive, and soft, then vacuum them regularly.
- Usage of poor quality deodorizers- Poor quality deodorizers such as powder deodorizers can form gunk in your carpets. They can not even be removed using a vacuum cleaner. On top of that, usage of such cheap quality deodorizers will give you a false sense of cleanliness and freshness. People often feel that a clean smell indicates a clean carpet. But in reality, carpets smelling great does not at all mean that they are clean. This smell can give you a false affirmation stating that your carpets are clean. Due to this, you can even skip your regular professional carpet cleaning sessions and let your carpets get dirty.
Do You Want To Talk To Experts?
We at Green Cleaners Team offer outstanding carpet cleaning services. There is no other agency that can provide all kinds of services for carpet cleaning under a single roof. You will be surprised by our way of cleaning the carpets. We make your carpets as clean and fresh as new using top-quality equipment and products.